e-Consult: Important Information: Please Read
- Only submit an e-Consult on a day that your Usual GP is working. This information can be found on our website under GP availability.
- Please do not submit routine issues after 11:00am.
- If you submit an e-Consult after 11:00am with an issue that is considered routine, we will ask you to resubmit your e-Consult before 11:00am on a day your usual GP is available. Visit this page to find out what days your usual GP is available.
- The e-Consult form will ask if you are happy for any GP to deal with the issue, however, this is a question being asked by the e-Consult software and not by the surgery. Unfortunately, we cannot change the e-Consult software to match the practice protocols. All routine matters at Alchester are dealt with by your Usual GP for continuity and therefore if an e-Consult is submitted on a day your GP is not working, it will get rejected.
- Your GP only has a limited number of slots per day for routine appointments. These can be booked by either a phone call or an e-Consult. Once the slots are full, any further phone calls or e-Consults will be rejected, even if submitted before the stated cut off time. Phone calls and e-Consults are both treated equally in the booking of appointments.
- After submitting an e-Consult you will receive an automated response with a set time frame that you will receive a reply by. Again, this comes from the e-Consult software and NOT from the surgery. Please ignore this message. The surgery will either deal with the issue on the day submitted or reject the e-Consult if submitted on a day your GP is not working or your GP's list is full.
Please DO NOT use our e-Consult for medication requests but ask in the usual way. We will not process any medication requests through e-Consult (please read on if your request is about a contraceptive pill request).
e-Consult is for clincal issues only - visit this page if you have an admin or other enquiry.
- If your enquiry is about a UTI - please do NOT submit an e-Consult; please instead bring a urine sample in a sterile pot to our Victoria House Surgery.
- If your issue is about a rash or other skin problems, please ensure you provide a photo when submitting your e-Consult enquiry.
- For a contraceptive pill request: please be aware that you will need to include a current blood pressure reading and your weight. If you do not provide either of these your request will be rejected and will likely cause a delay in your prescription being issued. If you are unable to submit either a BP reading and/or your weight, please call the surgery to make an appointment for a pill check. Once submitted your request will be passed on to a clinician and will be actioned within 5 working days. Please make sure you are completing the correct eConsult form for a repeat contraceptive pill request - when you click on our eConsult link, scroll down and on the right find 'Need to complete a review?' - select this link and then find the Contraceptive review link here. FOR REPEAT REQUESTS ONLY, NO NEW STARTERS
If applicable, now please proceed to the 'Continue to e-Consult' button found on this page.
By using this site, you agree that we may store and access cookies on your device. Find out about our cookies.
Functional Cookies are enabled by default at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings and ensure site works and delivers best experience.
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.